Enjoy the Experience.

Monday, April 09, 2012

My 2nd 6 hours of Warrior Creek

It has been a few months since my last race and almost a year since my last endurance event. Not knowing what to expect with competition, course conditions, and how my body is going to perform, I just went out there with a good attitude. I did not change tires, basically ran my Pisgah setup, Nevegal front and Ikon back. It is more tire than I need, but I am too lazy to switch things up. Last year I ran a 48" gear on my rigid 69er. This year I rode the Rig with a 46" gear, 33x21. Last year the course was muddy at the start, and this year it was just about perfect. Last year I finished 65 miles in 6:42 for an 11th place finish of 38. This year I finished 65 miles in 6:07 for an 11th place finish of 37. There are too many variables to determine why I was faster this year. Bike, Gear, Conditions, Fitness Level (probably not), but the result was the same. I was a little disappointed, because I really wanted to finish in the top ten and I got passed by 3 SS's on the final lap. As for the positives; I am very happy with the gear choice. I never walked any part of the trail and only started feeling signs of cramping towards the end. The spread between 7-12 place was only a few minutes. The weather was absolutely perfect. The race organization was spot on. All in all, it was a good day!

No comments:

Tracker

Blog Archive