Enjoy the Experience.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ski Trip 2011

Again this year we were fortunate enough to go skiing and stay at our neighbors incredible mountain house right outside Boone, NC. 22 people stayed at this house, comfortably I might add.

Sunday we went on a hike up the Profile trial on the back side of Grandfather Mountain. I did not get to go as far as I would have liked due to fatigued children, but the experience and the surroundings were great. Just what I needed due to the cabin fever of 12 children in one house.
These are the only children brave enough to take me up on the offer to go hiking. Troopers.
Here is a pic of all the kids together. This is at Hawks Nest waiting on our window to go snow tubing. By the way, don't waste your money. Snow tubing is not nearly as fun as skiing and it cost almost as much.
Eli and I enjoying some cookies. Apparently lying on the table is the easiest way to get to them since he is all bundled up.
Logan with his giant icicle that he had to have. Typical Logan.
Logan on the ski lift up the Oz Run.
The kids about to drop into the Oz Run Trail.
Conditions were a lot better for skiers this year. There were only a few spots of ice and the base was like 96". I could actually stop on this stuff. I think they call it powder, but this is only my second time and we were at Beech, not Colorado.

We decided to leave Thursday night to get up to the Mountain House. Friday we got up early and we were the second group to the ski resort. There were no lines for lifts until around 2pm and even then they were short. A great day on the mountain.

No comments:

Tracker

Blog Archive