Enjoy the Experience.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Paris Mountain

If you are ever in the G-ville area, stop by Paris Mountain! Of course if you are on your way to DuPont or Pisgah just keep going, but if you happen to be in town for something, you need to stop by.
I lived in Clemson, SC for 7 years. It was a long and wonderful college career. However, I never managed to do any riding in the Greenville area. As a matter of fact is was pretty well known at the time that Issaquena was one of the best places to ride in the area, and there was no need to venture any further. Yesterday I had the opportunity to ride this trail and it is well worth the $2 you have to pay at the gate for admission. This trail is like Fats and DuPont mixed up on a smaller scale and closer to everything.
Apparently a lot of work has been done out there lately on a New Kanuba trail. From the bottom parking lot up the mountain to the trail is about a 20 minute climb. Not bad for an inner city ride! We took the Kanuba to the Right and railed the entire way. I think we followed it all the way around and ended up climbing for another 10 minutes to the same intersection. After that climb I had to turn around and ride it in the other direction. I love it when you let go of the breaks and you can here the tire tread spin up to about 15 mph. Careful, this trail could hurt you. This is where it reminded me of the Great Wall out at Fats. Nice bank turns, jumps, and lots of speed! After that we tooled around the lake loop, up Prissemy (sp) and out to the upper parking lot. At this point I split from the riders. They took the road down to the Mountain Creek/Sulphur Springs intersection where I decided I would descend Sulphur Springs. This trail is not for the faint of heart, but it is not the worst decent I have ever tried either. I would have to say it is the most technical before you get to the real mountains. Then we met up and railed Mountain Creek back to the cars. We only road 20 miles, but I was spent. I can not wait to ride these trails again.
Nothing like new trails to rejuvenate the spirit.
Oh yeah and no back pain. Ye Haw!

No comments:

Tracker

Blog Archive